1. Move it or DON'T lose it! (the fat that is) It is no surprise the holiday season brings yummy food right to your doorstep EVERY year. Whether it is in the form of a party, family get togethers, baking, gifts, etc.... It is going to be there. It's ok to indulge here and there. Just make sure to MOVE more this month. Actively think about moving more. Standing in line- march, jog, squat, etc... - you may look weird- but WHO cares;) Need to move it more a little less conspicuously? Don't fight for up close parking spaces- you are wasting you time! By the time you park in the VERY back, and walk to the front doors- not only have you burned extra calories... you also beat the 25 cars you were trying to compete with who are still fighting for a spot 5 feet from the door. Move more to lose more. Get creative- just get movin'!
2. Drink Up! As the holidays approach, our schedules seem to get busier and busier. From holiday class parties, holiday shopping, work parties, decorating, running around like a chicken with your head cut off, etc... which means, you are more likely to get dehydrated with SO much to do. Combat this problem with keeping a bottle of water on hand with you at ALL times. Keep a case of water in your car or fill up 2-3 reusable bottles and keep them on hand. You are more likely to keep drinking, if you have water right next to you. Why do you need water?! BENEFITS: enhances fat loss, hydrates skin keeping you young, reduces hunger, eases joint pain, flush toxins, more energy, helps with your metabolism, and MANY more. Try for a gallon a day, but shoot for at least 8 cups of water.
3. Sit back and chill! It is the holidays after all. And despite it being "the happiest time of year" it can also equal the MOST stressful time of year. From all the craziness the season brings, along with stressing about getting everyone what they want for Christmas, and worrying if your dinner party will go smoothly, trying to get everything just right!! Because you wouldn't want to ruin anyone else's Christmas now would you?? ;) Nonsense! That doesn't happen. Relax and enjoy the holiday season for what it is. Take a seat and look around and really take in the joy the holiday season brings. Undo amounts of stress = a harder time to get rid of fat. Enjoy it, because time passes way too quickly, to stress about it. Proven fact: Easiest way to get rid of stress?! Do a Bertinator work out;)
4. Put a little LOVE into it. One thing that the holidays bring are lots and LOTS of treats. It's ok to have treats, but instead of going to the store and buying your treats, put a little love in them and make them from scratch. This way you know exactly what is going into your food! They always taste better too;) Sometimes, this can help curb you from having too many sweets. Sometimes, for me, when I want cookies REALLY bad, thinking of the clean-up process is enough for me to give up!:) However, if you do end up making some special treats, have the handful that will satisfy you and give the rest away as a gift to your friends, neighbors or family. The most important thing, is that you put your hard work, and your love into them- and then you can REALLY enjoy them. Go for an unprocessed and homemade holiday season this year!
5. Spice up your holiday a little or A LOT! Lets talk about cinnamon since it seems as though cinnamon happens to be very popular this time of year. Did you know that cinnamon not only raises your metabolism but just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a few times a day can lower blood sugar and improve glucose metabolism. That's a pretty nifty reason to add some cinnamon into your daily diet. It is easy to include to; sprinkle a little on your oatmeal or yogurt in the morning, or include in some yummy baked goods. To see more spices that will do your body good, check out LIVESTRONG's article here.