I am a huge fan of TABATA!
And here is why:
With Tabata training you exercise for 20 seconds then rest for 10 seconds, and repeat 8 times. This with a short preparation time before starting is a Tabata. It's that simple.
This technique discovered by Dr. Izumi Tabata in Tokyo gives you maximum benefits in a short period of time.Benefits:
- It burns fat! Tabata raises your metabolism (great for morning workouts)
- It's fast! You gain the same benefits of long drawn out workouts in shorter time
- It's versatile! You can do heavy weightlifting or light aerobics or anything in between. Do the exercises that are right for you, but do them!
- It's proven! It really works, this technique has been researched extensively, and it is becoming popular because people are getting results!
So, I bring to you my TABATA TRIMMER work out! You have 4 different exercises, and you will be doing each one for 4 min. with 20 seconds worth of 110% effort and 10 seconds rest. To get the most out of tabata training, it is imperative that you give ALL you have during the 20 seconds you are going. As you start to get tired- keep moving no matter what! Do NOT stop. I don't care if you are marching in place by the end- just KEEP moving! Stay strong:)
Here is a great tabata timer you can use, and you can also download it on your smart phone. Go here to access it. Each round is a total of 4 minutes. Then take 1 minute rest in between exercises- which will give you a FAT torching workout in just 20 minutes! Are you ready??
1. Push ups
2. Star jumps
3. Lunge hops (you will do 4 rounds on one leg, then switch to the other leg for the remaining 4 rounds)
4. Plank jumps
For another prize entry, leave a comment below once you have completed the workout and tell me which exercise made you burn the most;)